# Steamworks is unavailable
Wallpaper Engine and Steam are unable to communicate for some reason. Restart Steam, then Wallpaper Engine. Make sure it is logged into the account you own Wallpaper Engine on. If you run either Steam or Wallpaper Engine as administrator, the Steamworks SDK in Wallpaper Engine may not work. The solution is to not run either program as admin, which is the intended way. If it still does not work, reinstall Steam and get rid of any antivirus that blocks communication between different programs.
Try the following steps:
- Restart Steam, then Wallpaper Engine.
- Make sure you are logged into the Steam account that owns Wallpaper Engine.
- Do not run Steam or Wallpaper Engine as administrator.
- Exclude the Steam directory from your antivirus or completely disable any third-party antivirus application
- Close "Steam idling" programs.
- Delete cracked Steam games that override Steam's presence on the PC.
- Uninstall Wallpaper Engine and Steam. Delete the entire Steam folder. Reinstall Steam and Wallpaper Engine.